- Eni undertakes to promote knowledge of the Code among Eni’s People and the other Stakeholders, and to accept their constructive contribution to the Code’s principles and contents. Eni undertakes to take into consideration any suggestions and remarks of Stakeholders, with the objective of confirming or integrating the Code;
- Eni carefully checks for compliance with the Code by providing suitable information, prevention and control tools and ensuring transparency in all transactions and behaviours by taking corrective measures if and as required;
- Compliance with the law, regulations, statutory provisions, self-regulatory codes, ethical integrity and fairness, is a constant commitment and duty of all Eni’s People, and characterizes the conduct of Eni’s entire organization;
- Eni’s business and corporate activities has to be carried out in a transparent, honest and fair way, in good Faith;
- Eni undertakes to maintain and strengthen a governance system in line with international best practice standards, able to deal with the complex situations in which Eni operates, and with the challenges to face for sustainable development;
- All Eni’s People, without any distinction or exception whatsoever, respect the principles and contents of the Code in their actions and behaviours while performing their functions and according to their responsibilities, because compliance with the Code is fundamental for the quality of their working and professional performance. Relationships among Eni’s People, at all levels, must be characterized by honesty, fairness, cooperation, loyalty and mutual respect;
- The belief that one is acting in favor or to the advantage of Eni can never, in any way, justify – not even in part – any behaviours that conflict with the principles and contents of the Code.